8.21.2013

a couple of cubs

In the six years I've lived and hiked around Knoxville I have never seen a bear out in the wild. Plenty of people I know have seen them multiple times while hiking or driving around the Smokies and no harm has befallen them so I've always kept a sharp eye out for my own bear. Well, we went hiking this past Friday and I finally got my wish! Rangers were in the process of relocating a mama bear and her three cubs at the trailhead when we finished the hike so we stuck around for a bit to catch a glimpse of the two remaining cubs not yet caught. A few minutes in, the teensiest cub meandered across the street just a little ways from us and we barely managed to catch its tail end on camera as it padded back into the woods. Its too bad Jake was asleep and missed our first bear sighting on his first hike. For shame, kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment