5.09.2012

Charleston Weekender

My sister Sarah graduated from college this weekend. I'm not sure how that's possible seeing as it was just last year I was moving her into her dorm, but it happened. She's now a college graduate and a soon-to-be-wife. This makes me feel too old and too young all at the same time. Old because it makes me realize Deric and I have been married almost two years already; young because I swear I was just starting college myself.

Anyways, this weekend was a blast. I love spending time with my family and my extended family, aka my parents' crazy friends. ;) Deric and I got into town a day earlier than the rest of the fam and hit the beach hard on Thursday. I got a painful sunburn but it was worth it. I had to make my one beach day (possibly for the entire summer, sigh) count! When the fam did arrive, we spent ten straight hours in downtown Charleston on Friday, took a historic carriage ride, ate seafood constantly (or so it seemed), and attended graduation on Saturday. After graduation we went to a barbecue with Sarah's close friends and all their families, but sadly Deric and I had to head home soon after the BBQ. It was a short trip, but it was fantastic. I'm not sure I could have handled another couple days anyways...I'm worn out!

Happy graduation, Sarah! And thanks for choosing to attend school in such a gorgeous city. Makes for a nice family reunion + mini vacation!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Looks like another great weekend! They do seem to get shorter as time passes, I think it's because we know how to have fun all the time now. A blessing but it does make time fly.

    ReplyDelete