4.19.2011

My Very Own Steak 'N' Shake

Chef Deric is at it again. I love love love coming home to dinner ready and waiting for me. This time, Deric made frisco melts a la Steak 'N' Shake, my favorite restaurant. I'd never experienced Steak 'N' Shake until I visited a friend in Ohio a few years ago, and since we've been in Indiana this past year I've gone to Steak 'N' Shake more than a person should in their entire life. Its just so good and so cheap that its hard not to go (until I remind myself that its probably the most unhealthy food you could ever eat). Greasy burgers, greasy fries...delicious.

Back to Deric. He looked up a recipe for frisco melts and its fairly simple so he gave it a go. The burgers turned out pretty well except that we didn't get the right kind of cheese. We had provolone when we should have used Swiss, I believe. But they were still good. No fries to accompany it, however. I need to start cutting back :)




No comments:

Post a Comment