6.09.2012

Lazy River

Deric and I went tubing yesterday with Chad and his mom, who was visiting from Florida. Deric and I have never gone tubing while we've lived in Tennessee...and I've never even thought of it when looking for things to do in the area. We drove on up to Townsend, a little town not far from Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, donned our swimsuits and grabbed some bright yellow tubes, and we were off. A 1.5 mile stretch takes about an hour and a half of leisurely floating. The river was a good mix of very calm waters interspersed with "rapids"--nothing major, but enough to spray you with icy cold water and keep things interesting. Chad and his mom were brave enough to jump off the rope swing, but Deric and I couldn't fathom how cold that water would feel. After all, my toes were numb just from occasionally skimming the water.
We couldn't have picked a better day for our adventure. Clear skies, 80 degrees-- it was one of those perfectly relaxing days that just wears you right out! (Side note: It killed me to leave my camera behind while floating! It was a gorgeous river and a gorgeous day.)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment