1.26.2015

january shmanuary

Jake and I have enjoyed some extra quality time together this past week due to his nose turning into a faucet and keeping us from attending our normal sanity-savers, i.e. childcare at the gym, church, and trips to Target. I don't know what's next on the teething docket and if that's to blame for the faucet-effect or if its just a run of the mill cold, but its driving both of us slightly crazy. Jake wants only to sit on my lap or scour the pantry and fridge for food (only to turn down every single option), so my attempt to get through a Jillian Michaels yoga video this morning was laughable. Jake and I sat on the yoga mat together and watched most of it. (And yet, I still worked up a sweat.) Putting him down for naps and bedtime are an hour-long affair suddenly, but there's one bright spot in that: I haven't held him while he sleeps since he was so much smaller, and his little snores are pretty cute. Oh, another bright spot: he slept in until 8:30 this morning! I guess that cancels out the incessant whining that followed. But he is slowly becoming more understandable and I appreciate every single word so much. Oh, you want to get down? Got it. You want me to come? I can do that (and every time we end up at the fridge, imagine that.)

Now that the complaints are out of my system, I do love that when he doesn't feel good he prefers me over Deric, a rarity for sure. He's more snuggly and wants to be held 90% of the day, often laying his head on my shoulder for extra sympathy points. And I do love snugglin', but Jake, if you want dinner you're gonna have to play trains for just a few minutes there sir.

PS. You're the cutest cracker eater I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment