3.12.2012

Ten

I was cleaning up one of our extra bedrooms today and I found a note I had written to Deric while we were dating. It was in a plastic container, inside an old backpack of Deric's, folded into fourths and worn at the creases.

It's entitled "10 reasons I'm glad you're in my life". (I'm thinking we hadn't said "I love you" at this point.)
1. Even during the worst times, you make me smile.
2. When I'm with you, I feel beautiful.
3. You believe in me.
4. You encourage and challenge me, especially in my relationship with God.
5. I know you want what's best for me.
6. You're always fun to be around.
7. You know when to listen and when to give advice.
8. You're wise and a good leader and I respect you. [That's technically two reasons.]
9. You're an example of godly character.
10. You're one of my best friends.

Each of those ten reasons are still true today, almost three years later, but I could probably add about a hundred more to the list!


No comments:

Post a Comment