6.27.2016

videos: hopscotch and sprinkler fun!

I can't help but feel time flying right past me lately as we celebrated Jake's third birthday and then gave birth to Reid. I get a little panicky sometimes thinking about how there's just no adequate way to really save these moments of my kids growing up. I'm pretty good about taking pictures of anything and everything, but I've realized that I don't have as many videos as I'd like. Videos can capture so much more: the way Jake pronounces so many words with "ber" at the beginning (bertach= attach; berchine= machine; bersaster=disaster), the way he runs with his arms pulled way up and his elbows stuck out, the way Reid grunts and groans when he's lost his pacifier while sleeping. So I've been trying to take more videos of these little moments and hopefully one day I'll figure out how to compile them all into home videos!

First up, Deric tried to teach Jake to play hopscotch. He didn't quite understand it but he's really into jumping over cracks in the sidewalk, pillows, and anything else so he liked the idea of hopping on the squares!


Learning to play hopscotch! from Ashley Skinner on Vimeo.

I think we changed Jake's clothes three or four times this day. Every time we went outside we inevitably got out the hose or the sprinkler or the water table and never bothered to put Jake in swim trunks. But with a baby around we're doing tons of extra laundry already so what's a few more tee shirts?

It made me laugh to see Jake run through the sprinkler with his mouth open every time. I guess he was trying to drink the water...or just be goofy. Either way, it was pretty funny.


Sprinkler! from Ashley Skinner on Vimeo.


Sprinkler time from Ashley Skinner on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. So I've been trying to take more videos of these little moments and hopefully


    Genting Princess

    ReplyDelete