11.13.2011

White Chicken Chili

Ya'll have to try this recipe for White Chicken Chili. It'll take you two seconds to find it: search for 'white chicken chili' on Google and its the first (second, if you count the ad) link that pops up. Its Cha Cha's White Chicken Chili recipe from allrecipes.com, and it is absolutely wonderful. And easy. And quick. If you don't believe me, check out the comments on the bottom of the recipe. Each review raved about it, even if they did turn down the spicyness a bit. I'm not a huge fan of spicy so I followed the advice of a few comments.


I omitted the jalapeno peppers and cayenne pepper that the recipe called for, but left everything else the same. It turned out perfectly-- a slight kick (as there should be with chili), tons of flavor, and just enough broth to soak up with cheese and tortilla chips.


With preparations included, it probably took thirty minutes to cook the chili (fifteen of which were letting it simmer). Deric, Chad and I devoured the pot of chili and an entire bag of tortilla chips while watching Fast Five-- their Redbox pick, not mine (although I did actually like it).


All three of us decided this chili is a must-make-again-next-week kind of meal. Ok, maybe not that soon, but it'll certainly appear multiple times over the coming winter months. I love finding good recipes and adding them to my repertoire!

P.S. Deric and I realized today that we haven't had spaghetti in at least a month. We're either eating out a lot more or I'm getting much better at cooking!

1 comment:

  1. My little girl LOVES beans...I just might have to make this this weekend! Thanks for the recipe!

    xoxo
    Aarean

    colorissue.blogspot.com

    p.s. come check out my great necklace giveaway!! I think you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete