11.02.2011

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins

It feels good to bake again. Last winter, I baked all the time. I baked sourdough and whole wheat bread, cinnamon rolls, made an apple pie from scratch (even the crust!), various muffins, and Elizabeth's perfect chocolate chip cookies. But then we moved to a house without a dishwasher, and I think I've baked once in the six months we've been here. Clean up is such a beast without a dishwasher that it kills any motivation I have to bake.

But as per my October (and now my November) goals, I wanted to bake something new that involved apples. I was going to try Smitten Kitchen's whole wheat apple muffins, but I didn't have yogurt on hand so I couldn't use her recipe. I searched Pinterest and found apple cinnamon oatmeal muffins, which sounded really good.


The verdict for the apple cinnamon oatmeal muffins is good, but not great. They'll certainly be eaten but they didn't blow me away. They do make the house smell fantastic, however.


I think that from now on, I'll be sticking to muffins that are made with yogurt. Out of all the different muffins I've made, the ones that include yogurt are always the best. Softer, less crumbly, more taste...every time. So maybe I'll try Smitten Kitchen's version here soon and compare. And maybe I'll wait to bake those until Deric's home and willing to help with clean up...

No comments:

Post a Comment