7.20.2015

a slow-paced Saturday

I tend to keep myself pretty busy on weekends in the summer because there are always so many projects to get done while its nice out, plus I usually need Deric's help to entertain Jake so I can actually accomplish something. ;) But on Saturday, instead of breaking out my to do list and orchestrating the entire day, I sat back and let the day go where it will. We spent the better part of the morning in Jake's room (newly rearranged to accommodate his toddler bed!) where I finished knitting a baby blanket for a friend, Deric built planes and carousel rides from my old K'nex set, and Jake alternated between coloring at his desk and pulling Deric's work apart.




We ate at Chick-fil-a for lunch and then we endured yet another monsoon during Jake's nap time, so we spent the remainder of the afternoon inside just playing and relaxing. It was such a nice change of pace because since having Jake and having significantly less free time, I continually feel like I have to spend the free time I do have scrambling to catch up on cleaning, projects, and whatever else comes along. It was so nice to relax and ignore my to do list out for a day, plus it made our Saturday seem to last a lot longer!



On a side note, Friday night we barbecued and swam with the friends of ours whose boys were all born within a month of each other. It was so much fun to see the boys playing and swimming together, plus it was nice to spend time with friends we rarely see because of said boys. ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment