3.02.2011

Lessons & Cheat Sheets

I just came across Isaiah 48:17 and it could not be more perfect for Deric's and my situation right now.

"I am the Lord your God,
who teaches you what is best for you,
who directs you in the way you should go."

See what I mean?!
I realized a few days ago as Deric and I were talking over the 'praying over the list' scenario that I had imposed the one-week time limit on God telling us where to go. Maybe I heard what I wanted to hear, maybe it was pure imagination-- maybe I'm getting a little impatient :) It is frustrating to still not know our next step, but after reading this verse I feel a little more sure that everything will work out, even if it takes longer than I'd like. Deric and I both feel that these past few months will be used to teach us something-- no idea what, though-- so I have hope that when we do finally find jobs that we love, we'll be able to look back and see what lessons we learned.

To be honest, I wish I could figure out what lesson(s) we're supposed to be learning so I can grab a cheat sheet and get it over with, already....but somehow I know that's not how God does things. ;)

2 comments:

  1. You're getting wiser by the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever things are going slower than I want them to, I tell Tim to hurry up and learn the lesson God's trying to teach him so we can move on. I know how hard it is to be stuck in limbo. I'm praying for you and hope a job or two come along soon.

    ReplyDelete