8.26.2011

5 Months, 3 Days

That's how long it took me to finally finish this embellished tee from Make It Love It. Five months ago I bought the shirts...that's sad. But its done and now I'm waiting for the temperatures to cool down (please God! it was 95 at 6:00 last night) enough for me to wear it. 

                            

Now, I'm not sure what happened, but my shirt didn't turn out much like the tutorial. In the tutorial, Ashley tells you to turn the v-neck into a scoop neck by adding fabric to the bottom of the V. I did that and sewed a flower on it only to have the flower bend forward because it wasn't supported enough. So I ditched the scoop neck and kept it to the V. 


The other difference is the layout of the flowers. I tried to eyeball her design and make it the same (which should have worked, seeing as the flowers were all the same size). But my flowers seemed to be too big, so I decided to change up the design a bit and took the flowers all the way up to my collarbone.



Final verdict: I like it and will definitely wear it this winter, probably under a sweater. But in the process I learned a few things and want to try it again, maybe making the flowers smaller this time. I'll be on the look out for more $2 shirts!

5 comments:

  1. Taking the flowers to the collar bones is a great idea. You can make me one! Put the cost of the shirts on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'd like to put in an order as well. If I find shirts, can I send them to you??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, Court! Although you could do this on your own as easily as I can. But if you cut your circles ahead of time and send them with the shirt, I can make it. It'll cost extra if I have to cut out the 60-some circles. :)

    ReplyDelete