8.09.2011

Colossians 3:2

Remember this painting that I did for my sister Sarah's birthday? Probably not, seeing as that was in January (well, February by the time I got it to her). 


Shortly after she received her painting, Sarah asked if I would paint a similar one for her roommate for this coming fall. She wanted the paintings to compliment each other without actually matching. Her roommate chose her favorite verse, Colossians 3:2, and told me her favorite colors: pink, purple, greens, blues.

That was in early March. Now that its early August (five months later, in case you were wondering), the painting is complete. I'd painted the bracket and the wording by the time I got to Port Hope, where Sarah and I finished it together. Sarah told me her roommate also loves polka dots, so that's what we opted for to fill in the background.


The girls move into their apartment tomorrow, so happy moving day! Make some space for when I come to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment