9.09.2011

The Friday Five

 I just read Laura @ Meet Virginia's blog and today she started 'The Friday Five', where she posts five things she's enjoyed that week. She said she wants people to link up to it, so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon. Without further ado, here are my five things I've enjoyed this week.

1. Fall temperatures outside (briefly) = fall decorating inside. I'm working on two projects from Pinterest and will hopefully have them finished this weekend!



2. Divergent by Veronica Roth. Laura from Meet Virginia mentioned on her blog that this book was similar to The Hunger Games, so I had to pick it up. It is very similar, but it doesn't come close to the Games in my opinion (but nothing can). Interesting, though. Especially when I've got four hours to sit and do nothing. :)


3. Newk's pesto chicken sandwich. Deric and I rarely eat out because it gets expensive, but last night we treated ourselves to sandwiches from Newk's. I had the pesto chicken, Deric got the club. He was nice enough to switch me the last half of the sandwiches because I was afraid pesto chicken wouldn't taste so good for my lunch today. Bonus of eating out: no lunch to make the following day!


4. New running shoes came in the mail yesterday! I haven't bought new running shoes since my 17th birthday (6 years ago), so Mom & Dad were kind enough to treat me to a new pair since I want to get into running. These babies are awesome, especially compared to my worn-out, broken down Nikes. They're much prettier, too!

5. The Help. I've read the book and it was fantastic, and tonight we're going to see the movie! I always try to read the books before I see the movies, and usually the books are better by far. But I've heard quite a few people say the movie followed the book pretty closely, so I can't wait to see for myself. Mom told me to bring tissues.


So there's my five things from this week. I'd say its been a good week, and I'm looking forward to a good, relaxing weekend. The only to-do for the weekend is to apply the nailhead trim to our headboard, which I'm hoping will be easy. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment