9.28.2011

Living Room: Before & After

I was waiting to post pictures of the living room until I had all the details right...frames on the wall, mantle decorations, pretty furniture, etc. But then I realized that's never gonna happen so I should just post what it looks like now.

Here's the before, taken right after we moved everything into the house and all our helpers went home. Poor Deric was exhausted from maneuvering a U-Haul and a car trailer through the mountains in the rain. 


These colors are my inspiration for the room (but swap the yellow for tan).


About two months ago (I know, its sad how far behind I am) we painted the living room Nantucket Fog by Benjamin Moore. We were hoping for a blue-gray that wasn't too much of either color, but in my opinion its unfortunately much more blue than gray.  But Deric's happy with the color and I don't dislike it enough to pay for more paint, so it gets to stay.


Although I'm not a fan of pink or purple, I chose that particular color scheme because we have a purple recliner that was handed down to us. My hope is that by incorporating purple into the room in other ways, the chair will blend more with the rest of the room. We'll see how it goes.


I've got a to-do list a mile long for this room, just as everyone does for their house. I always want things to look "perfect", but that's not a reasonable goal. I've got a limited budget and limited time, so I have to remind myself that this is a long process. I do have quite a few frames (you can see some on the mantle) that will be getting hung in the near future. All of my other projects involve purchasing or making things, so those will take some time. Baby steps.


Despite all the projects I have in mind for this room (and the rest of the house), I still love it as-is. Its a huge step up from our last house in terms of size and space, and we're grateful for it. And I'm grateful to have a place to do projects and to paint and change things around. Its always a challenge to be content, isn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment