9.21.2011

Spinach Lasagna Rolls

One of my goals for September is to try a new recipe at least once each week. I thought this would be a challenge for me because I'm more picky than I realized, but I've done pretty well this month. Last week I tried Spinach Lasagna Rolls from The Girl Who Ate Everything. I haven't worked up the courage yet to try making a real lasagna, but the rolls are easy. 



Considering I don't love spinach or ricotta cheese (the only two ingredients in the filling), I thought these were pretty good. The multiple layers of lasagna in each roll made the filling not as dense as I'd expected. The recipe says you can put chicken in too, so next time I'll try that. But with a side of garlic bread, I give Spinach Lasagna Rolls a seven out of ten. Deric and Chad (our next-town neighbor/friend from college/ guy who always shows up right around dinnertime) agree, although they both want meat in the rolls next time. Chad almost wouldn't eat them when he found out they were 'vegetarian'. Deric made some joke about eating vegetarians, an unfortunate trait he's picked up from my dad. Thanks, Dad. :)


Lame vegetarian jokes aside, these are delicious and easy to make. They've officially been added to my slowly-growing repertoire. 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I really want to try this recipe; your pictures make my mouth water. Thanks for posting the link.

    ReplyDelete